Thursday 22 April 2010

developing my branding...

I needed to develop my branding for my old wives tale brief and after initial brainstorming and sketching ideas out I moved onto the computer and produced the following ideas.

I decided a circular shape contained the information well and fitted with the rest of my design work for the brief. I also thought about including a ribbon through the piece to link with the ribbon and seals I have used on the products. I am pleased with the ideas I have generated and feel I am heading in the right direction for the branding.

I have used the middle row, second down logo for the mocking up as I feel the is a good balance between the shapes and wording. I also think the device is interesting and works with the rest of my design work.

I have also decided to not redo the labels and include the branding but instead put the branding on like a stamp as it were. The logo does not have to be straight or perfect but shows a handcrafted element to the products which they would have been back then. Below is the final photograph of the products with the stamp mocked-up on them. I am pleased with the overall look and feel and now think I can wrap the products in tissue paper and seal them with a sticker/seal/stamp with the branding on it instead of a complicated illustrated story. Maybe the story will have a home in a booklet or some other device, but for now I have dropped it.

No comments:

Post a Comment